You’ve heard the saying, “Think local.” Well, it’s true, you should, and why you should is being demonstrated in the vibrant community of downtown Woodstock!
Small business is booming in Cherokee County, and shops like Little River Clothing and Outdoors are proving every day that strong small businesses mean good things for everyone. More than 90 percent of Cherokee County businesses employ fewer than 20 people, making Woodstock a small-business paradise and the perfect place to demonstrate the power of thinking local.
Little River Clothing is proud to be where the locals shop for custom-designed clothing and outdoor gear you can’t find anywhere else. When a shop has regular customers the way they do at Little River, you know you’re in the right place.
Here are a few more reasons it’s best to shop locally:
- Local businesses have the ability and independence to curate their shops, knowing what their customers and neighbors want. Big box chains and mall retailers just can’t compare to the curated items, personalized touch, and community spirit you get at a store like Little River. The recommendations and relationships built between customers and shop owners in these communities are strong and help provide sustainable growth.
- When you think local you put money into the local economy and jobs, not national chains. The American Independent Business Alliance reports that 48% of revenue from independent retailers is locally recirculated. From chain retailers, only 13% is recirculated into the local community.
- Thinking local lifts up local groups and causes, like school and the arts, since most nonprofits are supported at the local level by local businesses. The U.S. Small Business Association claims that companies donate an average of 6% of their profits to charity.
- Buying local also helps boost tourism and visits to local parks and outdoor spaces. How can you do this with Little River’s help? Purchasing your next paddleboard with us to take out onto local lakes and rivers!
- All of these benefits lead to good-paying, local jobs. Successful small businesses in an economy means more tax revenue, more businesses popping up…more competition, increased quality…a thriving local economy means a thriving community.
Little River Clothing and Outdoors are proud to be a part of the small business community in Woodstock. We’ll show you in just one visit why shopping local is the better choice. And the next time someone tells you to “think local,” you’ll tell them we’re one step ahead in Woodstock.